Lipton diaries 15 Aug

Fri 15 Aug
Dear Diary
So I got a phone call out the blue. Apparently my reputation precedes me and I'm wanted for a Lipton Team! I asked the skip if i was first on their list. Turns out that of the people available who can drop everything for a week's sailing I am number three. But numbers one and two don't answer their phones, so i'm in! I asked if my ability to drink truckloads had anything to do with it, and apparently it doesn't.

I haven't sailed in this regatta for a while, and I had to lie about my experience on the foredeck too. I normally only go past the mast when i'm doing my Titanic impression or checking out dolphins. Lets just hope it doesn't get too windy.

We have western province champs this week-end, so i had to cancel all my plans at last minute to go sailing. Yoga with tjoppie(damn),rugby with the girls(damn damn),tea with mom(thank moses) – that sort of stuff.

I went to the RCYC bar (where else) to meet the guys and get together. Turns out we all know each other from, well drinking at the RCYC bar. They were all looking a tad bit disappointed to see that it was me, must be that they were expecting a hot chick. There was talk of scraping a barrel, but all we did was empty those damn draught glasses. They all talk like a winning team, but drink like mid pack hackers. Mind you Dopey from the defending champs Daddy's Impatience was there too till late, that kid can put them away. Maybe our barside training plan will work.

No comments: