Sunday 17 aug:
Was first at the boat today, but only because I woke up on it. You'd think it would be impossible to sleep on a damp L26 main. Not a clue how I got there, but the burning babbelaas is a reminder why I can't. Mom always told me not to mix my drinks, but not sure what you supposed to do when they are all free and literally thrown at you.

Didn't mess up any spinnaker hoists or sets today, mainly because I was lashed to the stern guardrail and fed fish for the majority of the day. Reassuring to know that the twat also knows how to handle a bag and Bongo sorted out all the lines. Plenty of talk of me being dead weight on the boat, just wait till the breeze kicks up.

Hot news is that Sparky hooked up with the dude's daughter last night. The rest of us have been sworn to secrecy, God help us the day he finds out – first keel hauling on an L26 no doubt, long way to swim ashore

Starting to gel together more and the results were way better, the Dude said we should have done more training this year. Thank Moses I joined late, any more training and i'd be going to AA meetings.

After sailing we sat down and went through all the things that need fixing. We had to stop at page 1, but it looks like i'm stuck with a noodle for a spinnaker pole and WD40 is going to fix a bent beak. schweet. Bongo has a tough week of boatbitching ahead indeed.

No comments: