Sat 23 august
Raced like a mofo from BJ's flat to Lipton opening ceremony. Good thing I left ten minutes from the end as it was cutting it fine, but I hope we sail better than snor's springboks have been playing rugby.

Opening ceremony was fun, even if it did look like all the northvaal teams couldn't find an ultracity on the drive down and used their containers instead. I got given my team t-shirt so we all looked pro and well, like a team should. It appears the other foredeck must have gone back to school or something as its only four sizes too small (but I still got sh@t on for the side seams splitting – gonna be a looooong week indeed).

We got some sick jackets with the entry, problem is everyone is wearing them now so it looks like we're on a junior school hockey tour – but still beats my drimac. Free booze at the bar was cool, because we didn't even have to sail to get it. Early night as we have six important days of racing coming up from tomorrow, the Latvian girls hadn't even come out by the time we went home.

No comments: